29 May 2018
The role of the Project Manager is to oversee the delivery of projects within company policies and procedures and agreed project targets for time, quality and cost.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of day to day project delivery within a geographical area, including delivery requirements, safety, quality, supplier performance and improvement.
- Drive a “Safety First and “Right First Time” culture across the field operations backed up through plans and engagement with suppliers.
- Manage and lead ongoing construction contracts.
- Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are investigated competently and corrective action is taken where and when appropriate.
- Through a close working relationship with commercial, identify at the earliest opportunity risks to delivering the budget, supplier and/ or overhead cost impacting upon the project.
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers, and have monitoring in place to ensure that Mascott Construction standards are adhered to and met.
- All direct reports to have clear performance objectives and regular 1:1 meetings used to drive engagement.
- Budgetary and cost control for each project.
- Manage staff, oversee work schedules and assign specific duties accordingly.
- Deliver quality service to the client ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are met ensuring that performance standards & contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are acheived
- To ensure the performance standards of project staff by holding regular reviews and reporting back to the Construction Director.
- Carry out regular audits of staff performance and quality of work to ensure the highest standard of service and workmanship is being achieved.
- To establish and maintain close working relationships with key partners and stakeholders in the region.
- Communicate closely and provide timely and accurate periodical reports to R.O.M.
Key Performance Indicator
The Key Performance indicator for the Project Manager will be the delivery of the project within agreed time and budget controls and in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications
The Project Manager will have the following qualification or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 experience within the construction sector
- Proven track record of successfully managing teams, including contractor partners
- Construction project experience including both the field and back office elements
- Strong stakeholder management and engagement experience
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to understand, manage and deliver KPI’ s
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage field teams
- Ability to contribute technical knowledge to proposals and reports
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Innovative, creative and proactive with a solution oriented approach
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Commercially focused and aware
- Full, clean driving licence
- A CSR card – silver
- A working knowledge of construction and engineering contracts
Closing date: 25 June 2018
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close a vacancy at our own discretion.
We are an equal opportunity employer