Health & Safety
Mascott Construction (Europe) recognizes that our people are our most valuable asset and that the provision of a safe and healthy working environment is integral to successful business performance and sustained growth. To this end, we accept our responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of our employees, sub-contractors and visitors, and also that of other persons who may be affected by our activities.
We shall provide all the resources necessary for the successful implementation of our health and safety management system which will, as a minimum, comply with relevant statutory legislation and conform to OHSAS18001:2007.
The CEO has overall responsibility for ensuring the successful implementation of the health and safety policy and is assisted by the HSQE Team. All levels within our management structure have clear roles and responsibilities for managing health and safety. It is the express policy of the company to:
- Assess the health and safety hazards associated with its operations, implement a process of risk assessment and develop controls to minimize the possibility of injury or ill-health;
- Promote a vibrant health and safety culture by consultation with, and active involvement of employees or their representatives in identifying risks and agreeing safe control measures;
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their personal responsibilities and are competent in their work;
- Provide plant and equipment that is safe, without risk and is properly maintained;
- Provide adequate welfare facilities and arrangements;
- Monitor planned arrangements and performance against stated objectives and publish the results annually in line with a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the health and safety management system to prevent injury and ill health;
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure that personal responsibilities are discharged in a safe, reliable and competent manner;
- Ensure that all employees are aware of the procedure for reporting incidents;
- Ensure the use, handling, storage and transportation of substances is safe and without risk.
- This Policy will be reviewed annually to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate to our activities.